GUIDED BIOFILM THERAPY (GBT) with the EMS leads the paradigm shift in professional prophylaxis based on latest scientific findings. In doing so it follows insights gained by employing the EMS AIR- FLOW® method in this process, with the following findings:
- Improves visibility of calculus
- Minimises harmful oral bacteria
- Significantly enhances patient comfort
- Reduces effort and the strain on the practitioner when using ultrasonic devices
- Saves time that can be better used for additional services such as assessment and diagnosis
SDA Programme and What you will Learn
- What is biofilm and why it needs to be removed
- The importance of biofilm disclosing
- Patient education and motivation
- Discussing hand instrumentation and their limitations and disadvantages, but also the important role they should play. Implant maintenance.
- New techniques on biofilm and stain removal using air polishing instead of polishing with rubber cup and paste.
- Explaining the differences between powders and their uses.
- Discussing the different types of electric scalers and tips and how to use them effectively and without inducing pain.
- Recall options and importance.
- Working on models: Practicing air polishing techniques with different types of powders. Working with piezo scaler.
- Hands-on: Practicing full GBT protocol.
- Biofilm disclosing, Supra- and Subgingival Air polishing with correct powders. Piezon scaling techniques.
For x8 CPDs from this session you access your certificate with a password (given to you on the day). Access the course link on your Profile page – under your My Account tab (when logged in) and your certificate will be stored there for easy downloaded as needed.